Picturesque Waterfront Cottage available for permanent rental - click here

The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

The Bougainville Aftermath

Want to share a house in Bali? Click here!

Sohano Ocean View Apartments in Buka Passage

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Lindsay Swanson

I arrived in Bougs with long blonde hair on 11/11/74 and was with the Central Electrical Workshop under George King (deceased), Kevin Bowman (deceased), John "Gus" Gotsalks (deceased Xmas'97), and Graham "Blue" Rodwell who is now in Indonesia. I was first in camp one and did the rounds, Kawerong D, G and H. Eventually I ended up with a Bougainville lass and we had a house in Panki Ranku Ave. Her and I are still together. I was one of the last to leave BCL being retrenched on 28/02/1990 and there were only 6 more expats after me who stayed for another 12 days to get the gear off the wharves.

Liz Wells (Col Brown's daughter, married to Kahi Wells and still living in Port Moresby) has a fantastic collection of pics taken during the crisis. I will get onto her to see if she is able to scan some and send them on.