The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

8 July 2022

A rare find

 

I was searching on YouTube for a copy of Liz Thompson's video "Breaking Bows and Arrows" - click here - when I came across this equally fascinating 45-minute clip of an 84-day voyage in an open dinghy from Sydney to Port Moresby via Thursday Island in 1978.

What makes this video so special for me is that it shows both Thursday Island and Port Moresby's Royal Papuan Yacht Club the way they were when I used to live and work there in the 'seventies.

This is for you, Hubert in Cooktown, and all those who shared my time in Port Moresby in the days when we were still young and full of hope.

 

P.S. If you're interested in more of Malcolm Douglas's videos, click here.