The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Patrick McEvoy

32 years after leaving the Island, I discovered your site. You do excellent work. From your list,I only recall one name, Wally Kaka,the fearless fireman. I certainly would like to re-establish contact. Thanks for making this chance available. Hopefully, by now, he is able to finish a tune on his guitar. By the way, Uxbridge is between Boston and Worcester in the US. On Bougainville I lived in Camp 3, my boss was Brianm Woomera, leaving when the Blue Streak closed down. The only contact I have had with ex-Bougainville types was Ron Wood(Bechtel), and Jack Farmer from Loloho (he was with the TPNG) and Hilda Meyer (Bechtel office) and Rita Palmari. I probably needed to find your site as I often wondered about Bougainville. Keep up the good work.
Sincerely
Patrick McEvoy
E-Mail: mcevoypr[AT]yahoo.com