The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Wayne Ledwidge

Greetings Regretfully I did not have the pleasure of working on the development of the project but did have the honour and privilege of helping to bring in the cash and help pay for all the fun you guys had in the early days through positions in Commercial, Marketing and Shipping between 1980 and 1989. Bougainville certainly shaped my life and the lives of my 2 boys who spent their formative years on the beaches and in the jungles of Bougainville. After leaving in 1989, I moved to East Kalimantan in Indonesia (the next best posting after Bougainville we from the Bougainville Mafia used to say) where I spent the next 10 years. I'm now in Shanghai working for Rio.

[Acquaintances from those days] included David Karpin, Philip Morley, Colin Evensen, Jack Dalby, Henry Bailey, to name a few. I started off in a commercial training role in the pink palace and ended up 9 years later down at Loloho at the port. They were great years.