The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Joe Stevens emailed from Kununurra in Western Australia:

My name is Joe Stevens, I first went to Bougainville in 1969 and remained until Feb 1990 I worked for Pioneer Concrete for two years, then BCL Civil Works, Laurie Mentze, Ross Wilson, Ian Garside and Win Spurr. Running the civil crushers and concrete batch plant. In the late part of my time on Bougainville I was superintendent of Civil Operations, which included a small crew at Loloho water supply and sewage section. Many may remember me as part owner of MV Spark and then MV Angler. On leaving Bougainville, we decided to settle in Perth, but I got itchy feet and headed off to Indonesia, two years in the islands and 12 months in Jakarta. Then I was onto Burma and Bangkok for short stints. Maureen and I had three children whilst on Bougainville. Rosslyn,Wayne and Andrew. At the present time we are living in Kununurra Western Australia. Andrew and Rosslyn and their families are also working here at the Argyle Diamond Mine. Wayne is living in Perth, and has his own Personal Training business. The baramundi fishing is great here and keeps us enjoying the lifestyle. Cheers to all our past friends, would like to hear from anyone venturing up this way.
jandmstevens@bigpond.com