The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

3 January 2012

Mark L Frankling emailed from France

I had some very good memories of Bougainville It was sad to see all my favourate places, such as the Davara Hotel / Arovo Resort / the Kieta wharf lay to ruins...

My "Dad" Roger Frankling was the Assistant Manager at Rabaul Stevedores - Kieta (1981-1989). He was especially good friends with Vic Fisher "The Captain" of the "Lae Chief" Ship - Bob Strong / Peter & Lin Mares The Legendary Bob Strong who was the manager of Toboroi plantation near Aropa Airport was also the transport manager at Rabaul Stevevedores...( My Dad sadly passed away on the Isle of Wight UK 2001.)

Mark's father Roger E. Franklin

My favourate moment of my Dad was when he lost his Rolex watch when diving of Arovo/Pok pok island to the bottom of the very deep ocean. Ahhhhhg - You should of seen his face!! (After all those years that "dive watch" should still keep good timing!!!)

My Brother Jeff & I went to Loloho Correspondence School & Toniva in 1982 before being shipped off to Boarding School St Peter's Boarding school in New Zealand 1983.

MARK FRANKLING TONIVA/KIETA BOUGAINVILLE(1981-1989)

E-Mail: mlfrankling@free.fr

P.S. HI WANTOKS!!

I am looking for old photos/post-cards/Memories... of Bougainville in the 1980'S You "oldies" & Kids are all welcomed.

LUK'IM YU!!!

P.P.S. see also here.