Picturesque Waterfront Cottage available for permanent rental - click here

The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

The Bougainville Aftermath

Want to share a house in Bali? Click here!

Sohano Ocean View Apartments in Buka Passage

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

July 7, 2013

Email from Kerry Bridgland in Townsville:

Just cruising and came across your website, I (Kerry Bridgland ) started as a boilermaker December 1972 after a stint of National Service and finished up September 1977 (Mech. Foreman , Fine Crushing) I live in Townsville Nth Qld after Bougainville I went to Gunpowder Qld and later to Greenvale , Qld Nickel Project, , I am currently still working in a heavy fabrication workshop as amongst other things an apprentice trainer. A few ex BCL employees have crossed my path over the years, Vic Kolstad ,foreman Fine crushing, Malcom Calvert Engineer , B60, Kiwi (Tony) McDonald last heard of on dragline construction on the coal fields. I’ll dig out a selection of photos for you soon.
Regards
Kerry Bridgland
email kerry.bridgeland[AT]bigpond.com