The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

29 August 2015

Johannes van der Linden sent these photos:

I was there from 1970 and even was seconded to Bechtel working
in the Cinema centre in Melbourne.

My Department employed 120 people, the average age was 19, I was the old man at 32: 5 Expats average age 22, the rest Bougainvilleans and other Papua New Guineans hired straight out of mostly Mission Schools.

One of the lab techs became a Professor in Chemistry and Minister of Minerals and Energy, Samson Akoitai, unfortunately he died last month.

They were the best crew I ever had, smart kids.