Picturesque Waterfront Cottage available for permanent rental - click here

The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

The Bougainville Aftermath

Want to share a house in Bali? Click here!

Sohano Ocean View Apartments in Buka Passage

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

November 16, 2015

Alan Lymbery emailed from Wagga Wagga:

Peter,

I have had a look at your Bougainville website a couple of times now; well laid out, well done.

Could you please add my name to the “Honour Roll”? I worked for Hastings Deering 1969/1970 and ran the parts sales counter.

Originally our facility was part of the Morrison-Knudsen workshop/office complex at Camp 5 - incredibly cramped & untidy.

We later built a large warehouse further down the road on the way to Loloho where we lived. From memory ours was the first building at that site. Morgan Equipment & I think Goodyear or a tyre facility followed soon after.

All the best
Alan Lymbery
10 Eyre St. Lake Albert.
Wagga Wagga, N.S.W.
Australia. 2650.
Tel. Home : 61-2-69264192.
Mobile :61- 0412 380339.
or 61-0450 389737
Skype: lymbery001
email lymbery001[AT]bigpond.com

PS. I see on your property-for-sale ad - click here - that you intended to spend some time in Kalimantan. Did you make it? I spent 27 years in Indonesia. I have been from Aceh to Timor and most places in between; some islands were not even on the map. I have been all over Borneo, lived in Balikpapan a few times where I was married and my daughter was born there. Lots of memories.