The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

3 February 2012

Winston Jackson emailed from Cape Lambert:

Peter,
We lived on Bougainville from September 1978 till May 1982.
My eldest son Ben started school at Bovo International.
I was Construction Manager for Minenco and looked after many projects including new ball mills, flotation cells, gas turbine installation and lots of civil stuff.

I've been in construction Management and Project Management all my working life including 2 more projects in PNG, the Hides gas project and Lihir gold mine.

Recently I scanned all my old Bougainville slides to digital media, but they were quite faded by the time I got around to it. Time to scan the prints next.

The time we spent living in Arawa (section 22) were some of the happiest times I can remember.

My home email address in Perth is bostaurus[AT]bigpond.com

Winston Jackson
SKM Project Manager
Cape Lambert Port B Project
Rio Tinto Iron Ore Expansion projects
t: 61 8 9205 2970
m: 61 4 3903 2451