The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

10 November 2012

Peter Tilyard emailed from Western Australia:


While at a mine in WA this week I met Denis Rout whose father Allan was on Bougainville in the construction days. There was some sort of civil disturbance and he went missing in the bush for a few months ending up at a mission. Denis was only five at the time but never got the full story about this.If anyone can tell me (and hence Denis) anything about this please let me have your email address and I will contact you directly. I was on Bougainville 1974-87. Many thanks.

Peter Tilyard

peter.tilyard[AT]mmg.com