The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

24 November 2012

Steven Tekwie emailed from PNG:

Hi guys! How's everyone after more than 23 years?

I was a 2nd year(1988-1989) Electrical apprentice n worked at B58 along with afew other boys. My foreman was Lindsay Swonson, n guys,Lindsay was a good person to work n learn with. I'm sure he will still remember me as I was the youngest of the crew at B58.

My hello n thanku to u guys for getin this site up so we can communicate.

I guess there's a lot of men who were boys back then and now are employed.
Iam not so lucky as I had lost all my belongings during the crisis.

Guys,if there's anyone out there who can help in locating my friends,please don't hesitate to contact me.

Bougainville was the most Beautiful place at that time and I will never forget my experience and the beautiful people I worked with there.

CHEERS n See u guys soon!

Steven Tekwie, Vanimo ,Sandaun PNG

stevehaii[AT]digicelpacific.blackberry.com