The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

24 February 2013

Chris Jefferies emailed from Canada:

 

 

I know that I sent you this but here it is again. I really like this picture as it brings it all back with one big thump for me. I can see myself standing in any one of twenty different spots there.

 

Chris on Arovo Island, washing down that big lump in the throat with a cold beer

Left to right: Bert Williamson, George Payton, Mike Flaherty, Atuvi, Joe Holden, George Halkett


Fellows on Kieta beach: L to R, Dennis, the son of one of the Bechtel engineers. Dennis was there from San Francisco as punishment for being a dink. Albert, who claimed he was somehow shanghaied from England and all he wanted to do was to go home. Didn’t know next fellow. George Halkett. Didn’t know last fellow.

Johnny Ellis

Me, Johnny Ellis, George Payton, inside Arovo