The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

10 April 2014

Alan Lymbery emailed from Wagga Wagga:

Good morning,

I just came across your web site whilst doing a bit of reading on WW2 and Bougainville.

Could you add me to your honour roll please. I worked for Hastings Deering from 1969 till late 1970. Our first facility was at MKs site near camp 5. We then moved into a large warehouse at the new industrial estate. I lived in camp 6 at Loloho.

I am retired now and live in Wagga as you can see below. Bougainville was my first overseas job, straight from Talbingo Dam in the Snowy. I spent 27 years in Indonesia with short periods in Malaysia, Singapore and Saudi Arabia.

Regards.
Alan Lymbery.
10 Eyre St. Lake Albert.
Wagga Wagga, N.S.W.
Australia. 2650.
Tel. Home: 61-2-69264192.
Mobile:61- 0412 380339 or 61-0450 389737
Skype: lymbery001
email lymbery001[AT]bigpond.com