Picturesque Waterfront Cottage available for permanent rental - click here

The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

The Bougainville Aftermath

Want to share a house in Bali? Click here!

Sohano Ocean View Apartments in Buka Passage

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

April 10, 2014

Alan Lymbery emailed from Wagga Wagga:

Good morning,

I just came across your web site whilst doing a bit of reading on WW2 and Bougainville.

Could you add me to your honour roll please. I worked for Hastings Deering from 1969 till late 1970. Our first facility was at MKs site near camp 5. We then moved into a large warehouse at the new industrial estate. I lived in camp 6 at Loloho.

I am retired now and live in Wagga as you can see below. Bougainville was my first overseas job, straight from Talbingo Dam in the Snowy. I spent 27 years in Indonesia with short periods in Malaysia, Singapore and Saudi Arabia.

Regards.
Alan Lymbery.
10 Eyre St. Lake Albert.
Wagga Wagga, N.S.W.
Australia. 2650.
Tel. Home: 61-2-69264192.
Mobile:61- 0412 380339 or 61-0450 389737
Skype: lymbery001
email lymbery001[AT]bigpond.com