The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

26 November 2013

Doug White emailed from Alice Springs:

Hi

I worked on Bougainville March 1968 to March 1969. Employed by CRAE looked after the coreshed collecting Drill core from the numerous diamond drills on the site in the days before the mining commenced. Witnessed the hydraulicing trials and worked in the tunnels occasionally sampling etc and also worked in the pilot plant. Worked anywhere they wanted someone, had a great 12 months. I have a good few photos but not with me I will try and sort some out when I next head south my place near Adelaide.

Regards
Doug White
Area Operations Manager
Central Petroleum Limited
dougwhite[AT]centralpetroleum.com.au