The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

17 September 2012

Murray Tonkin sent this email from Ingle Farm:

Hello Peter
I worked at B58 Electrical Workshop 1976-1980. Worked with John Bartram, Graham Rodman, Lindsay Swanson among many others. I returned to BCL August 1989, kicked out in January 1990 with a lot of others, after the decision to close the mine. Worked at Tarong Coal mine, from May 1989 - August 1989. This was organised by John Davison, as my family and I arrived in Brisbane enroute to Bougainville, just as the trouble started. After finally arriving in Bougainville, I worked at Power Station for a few weeks, then went up to the mine where we built a new P&H shovel, then dismantled it in parts and it was shipped to Hammersley Iron, in the North West Western Australia. I am now retired and living in Ingle Farm, South Australia.
Regards
Murray Tonkin
email murray_tonkin[AT]hotmail.com