The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Jim "Hamish" Miller

Greetings,
I landed in Panguna 30/11/71 and found myself unwanted as I was the first mechanic on site for BCL light vehicles so I was shunted around for a week or so until I ended up working with BECHTEL until they started to be phased out. I shared a donga at camp 1 with Bob Methkie. Ended up leading hand Panguna and Loloho.I left mid 74 joined the 'WESER CARRIER' as deck engineer and was implemental in the delivery of the first of the 210's from L.A.
I am at present semi retired and a volunteer engineer on the 78 yr old steam tug 'FORCEFUL' at the QMMA.
regards, Hamish. hamish7@bigpond.com