The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Terri Barambi

Dear Peter,
Fresh from College, I began to work for BCL as a Secretary at the Mining Division, covering the operations and maintenance departments in 1978. Then I moved on to Crystal Palace to serve the department head of Industrial Relations. From there I moved to the Pink Palace, working in the management building for the community relations and Safety departments. In 1984, I moved down to work for the Towns (Arawa Maintenance) Department serving under Mike Smith. When he left, Barry Green took up the incumbency. In mid-1988, my family left for Port Moresby where I moved on and continued working for BCL in the Port Moresby Office and remained there till I was retrenched in 1991. I am now working for Rio Tinto Minerals (PNG) Limited (formerly CRA Minerals) and in fact am still being part of the team managing the affairs of BCL and still based in the capital of PNG, Port Moresby. I’ve just been introduced to this website by a ‘wantok’ from Bougainville, Judy Kiroha née Masa. I didn’t waste time going through the website and have recognised a lot of names of ex-BCL employees that I knew back at Panguna, in particular, Diane Soul and Bob Hutton; anyone else that knew me then as I didn’t go through all the letters. Hope you will be able to sight this letter as I would love to keep in touch. You can e-mail me on: terri.barambi@riotinto.com.pg

Cheers,
Theresita Barambi (Mrs) (née Kusihay)
Rio Tinto Minerals (PNG) Limited
Port Moresby