The Die Was Cast - My Journey to New Guinea

News items from Bougainville

The Bougainville Aftermath

For your listening pleasure: TAIM BILONG MASTA

70 years of PIM are now available on the internet - click here

A new online library servicing the Pacific: digitalpasifik.org

RETURN TO TOP OF BLOG

If something on this blog doesn't work, please contact the janitor
Alternatively, contact the Helpdesk

19 June 2010

Ken Nelson

Peter, my home base is Balikpapan and I have my own business. I am currently working on a gold project in Sulawesi which is keeping me fairly active. I know Samarinda (where your wife was born) well as I spent 12 months living there. I worked in the Supply Department for CRA Exploration in 1965 to 1974 when I left to go to Sydney and then joined as the Supply Representative based in Sydney until 1983 and then was transferred to Brisbane. I came to Indonesia in 1989 with KPC and have not left since. I am a young 60 and enjoying myself. I have actually retired twice but an ex Bougainville-ite dragged me back into the workforce (Dave Hatch). There are a lot of ex-Bougainville people here: Jim Chaplin (Bechtel), Shane Wiese (BCL), Brian Bennett (BCL), Gary Gomersall (BCL), Gary Coleman (BCL), and many more. The world of email is a great way to keep in touch.
Regards
Ken
kenson@indosat.net.id